Victorian Printed Cotton Dress$900.00
Gorgeous, museum quality printed dress circa 1840s to 1850s. The fabric is a semi-sheer, slightly stiff cotton.
The bodice is lined and has hook and eye closures up the center front of the lining. Outer bodice has no closures. There are two hooks and eyes at the waist that are not original to the dress and are later additions.
Seam piping around the waist, collar, cuffs, and armscyes.
The skirt is unlined except for the hem. There is a single, deep pocket on the right side.
This piece is completely hand sewn.
+++ Measurements +++
+++ Condition +++
Condition is quite good considering the delicate fabric. There are some flaws to note:
* The front is torn past where the seam ends
* There are some holes in the sleeves, as shown - on the right sleeve shoulder, and the left adjacent to the cuff
* There is a patch on the right sleeve and a couple of other small mends
* A few small scattered stains in the bodice lining, hem lining, and some minor discolorations on the skirt, barely visible in the pattern
* See all detail photos for best condition report
Overall this is a beautiful study or display piece. Due to its age and delicate nature of the fabric, this is not a wearable piece.
This item is sold from a vintage boutique in Houston, TX.
Color: Red & brown