Black Victorian Bodice with Puff Sleeves$230.00
Fabulous bodice circa 1897 in black silk faille with checkered black, white, and green silk accents and decorative cord trim. Sweet little bow at the back.
Lined with brown glazed cotton, and boned. The sleeves are lined with a patterned cotton.
Hook and eye closures down the center front of the lining. Hook and thread closures at the collar.
Puff sleeves or leg-o-mutton sleeves, not quite as exaggerated as the mid-1890s.
This bodice is very well made and tailored for the original owner. Lots of sweet details and hand sewing to be appreciated and studied!
+++ Measurements +++
12" between shoulder seams
+++ Condition +++
Very nice condition, especially considering age. Very few minor flaws to note:
* A couple of hooks are loose but all are still attached and present
* White mark on one sleeve, which I have not tried to clean
* Some small stress areas, not quite tears, in the sleeves
* One or two tiny faded spots
* A couple of (minor) loose seams in the sleeve lining
* Original inner waistband was cut/mostly removed
Overall really wonderful, and would be wearable with care. Also a beautiful display or study piece.
This item is sold from a vintage boutique in Houston, TX.
Material: Silk & cotton